July 20, 2007
TCR Engineering Services, India's leading ISO 17025 accredited independent materials testing laboratory and its associate company TCR Advanced Engineering Services will be exhibiting at the CORCON 2007 International Conference & Exhibition on Corrosion Control to be held on 26-28 September 2007 at Intercontinental Grand, Mumbai, India.
The event is being organized by NACE International India Section. NACE International India Section (NIIS) established in 1992 promotes corrosion awareness to achieve aims and objectives of NACE International USA. Also part of this event is the NIIS Corrosion Awareness Award 2007.
TCR’s staff with specific industry expertise covers a variety of corrosion problems that are encountered in industries such as oil and gas production, oil and gas transmission, energy conversion systems, and nuclear power systems. A wide range of corrosion and stress corrosion test per ASTM, NACE or as per an individual client’s requirements is undertaken at TCR. Senior staff members are available to provide corrosion consulting, advice on corrosion prevention and corrosion control services including materials selection in laboratory or on-site inspection.
TCR Engineering Services has been credited with a number of innovations in the field of corrosion testing in India, including:
- Introduction of Electrolytic Etching Practice particularly for inter-granular corrosion testing purposes as per ASTM A 262 Pr. A specification. Other labs across India were made to introduce these methods when TCR pointed out that other methods being used by laboratories were not proper. Engineers India Limited (EIL) took the lead and advised other labs to adopt and follow the procedures and practices set by TCR.
- TCR introduced practice of simulated stress corrosion cracking for heat exchanger tube to tube sheet joints.
- Introduced high temp high pressure NACE Sulfide Stress Corrosion Cracking Tests for first time in India. The service immensely helped the Indian Industry in saving valuable foreign exchange.
- Carried on several simulated corrosion testing projects for internationally well known companies like Ecolab and Caterpillar of USA.
- Introduced Corrosion Testing as per ASTM G 35 and ASTM G 48, ASTM A 923 etc..
- Currently working on Simulated Crevice Corrosion testing project for an international nuclear reactor project.
The objective of the corrosion detection department at TCR is to provide quality service at a reasonable price and work with all clients as an extension of their QA team.
A number of Corrosion related tests are undertaken by TCR to determine weight loss corrosion, inter-granular attack, pitting corrosion, corrosion fatigue, stress corrosion cracking, sulfide stress cracking, and hydrogen-induced cracking. TCR’s Sour Service Corrosion Testing department undertakes Small Scale Tests and Full Ring Testing for SSCC (NACE TM 0177, EFC 16 and 17) and HIC (NACE TM 0284). The range of instruments available to perform these tests in unrivalled in India. Highly experienced and qualified engineers within the group routinely undertake corrosion studies to include all observations as per NACE MR 0175.
Details of the event is posted at http://www.tcreng.com/newsroom/CORCON2007.pdf
For more information about analytical and material testing facilities at TCR Engineering Services and her associate companies in Mumbai, Vadodara, Navi Mumbai, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, and USA, please visit www.tcreng.com