Nov 1, 2007
TCR Engineering Services has expanded its quality assurance and third party inspection services to include a comprehensive welder certification and welding procedure qualification program.
As part of this enhanced service offering, TCR will undertake the following:
- Welder Qualification Testing for performance qualification and certification of welders (a welder / welding operator performance qualification - WQT) to ASME, ANSI, AWS, API code
- Preparation of Weld Procedure Qualification as per client or project requirements.
- Coupon Testing as per Weld Procedure Qualification which includes visual examination, mechanical testing, metallographic examination and non destructive testing.
- Documentation of the Procedure Qualification Record as per ASME, ANSI, AWS, API codes
- In depth weld inspection to include review of the applicable qualification e.g. weld procedure specification, welder performance qualification and validity for process materials and consumable items, equipment, set up and other factors, including certificates of calibration and/or conformity governing the work.
- Check safety of set up and operation having due regard for self, welder and other workers in vicinity, particular in respect of ultraviolet radiation from arc during welding.
The welding inspector deployed at a site from TCR will be responsible for monitoring and verifying that the following functions of the work conform in all aspects to the specific requirements of the relevant code, specification and/or standard:
- Check correct weld procedure(s) employed.
- Check weld procedure and welder qualifications.
- Inspect weld profile preparation.
- Inspect joint fit-up
- Check filler metals and consumable materials
- Check correct welding performance parameters observed
- Perform visual examination upon completion of welding
- Monitor pre and post weld heat treatment, where specified.
- Monitor the physical examination including non-destructive test, hydrostatic test, mechanical test etc. If needed, the inspector may choose to send test coupons to the TCR Engineering Services' material testing laboratory.
- Ensure that all necessary visual inspection is completed and verify that all other necessary non-destructive examinations are executed in the specified manner for the method and coverage by appropriately qualified personnel.
All TCR welding inspectors are generally certified in accordance with the requirements of at least one of the following schemes - Certification Scheme for Weld Inspection Personnel (CSWIP), American Welding Society (AWS), BGAS (previously British Gas ERS), and/or ASNT Level II VT. All inspectors have the ability to interpret various standards including ASME B&PV Code, Section IX, API Std. 1104 and ANSI / AWS D1.1.
The Welding Inspection department at TCR is headed by Mr. Nilesh Pathare who has over 11 years of experience in QA /QC inspection in oil and Gas industry, Petrochemical and refineries and is qualified as a CSWIP 3.1 Welding Inspector, AWS-CWI, BGAS- CSWIP Painting Inspector and ASNT LEVEL II UT, MT, PT, RT. He is experienced in pressure vessel fabrication (static equipment) inspection and Third Party Inspection of materials like plates, pipes, forgings, casting at a vendor's location. He also has hands on experience in NDT (UT, MT, PT) and Radiographic Film interpretation and Destructive testing of various materials.
To know more about TCR's welding or third party inspection services, please communicate with Mr. Percy Lakdavala, Project Manager - TPI at +91-9833530600 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
TCR Engineering Services, is an ISO 17025 accredited independent Material Testing Laboratory and Quality Assurance Company located in India. Currently a market leader in India, based in Navi Mumbai, TCR is slowly strengthening it's Middle Eastern presence with recent openings of new offices in Kuwait and Al-Jubail, Saudi Arabia.
The services TCR provides include Vendor Evaluation, Factory Audits, Third Party Inspection, Mechanical Testing, Chemical Analysis, Positive Material Identification (PMI), Non Destructive Testing (NDT including Automated UT using ToFD), Metallography, RoHS Compliance Testing, Corrosion Testing (including HIC/SSC), Failure Analysis Metallurgical Product Evaluation, Heat Treatment, Manpower Deployment, Training, Engineering Research and Consultancy.
For more information about analytical and material testing facilities at TCR Engineering Services and her associate companies in Mumbai, Vadodara, Navi Mumbai, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, and USA, please visit www.tcreng.com